Realized Components (digest)
- Realized BST thick-film varactor having a Q > 80 for f < 2.5 GHz @ dielectric tunability > 35%
- Increased tunability by additional coating of the BST thick-film varactors
- Resistive bias electrodes for increased linearity and integrated DC-biasing
- 3D structured BST thin-film varactors for microwave applications
- BST thick-film varactor realized by a single lithography step
Realized phaseshifters based on CPWs or Left-Handed (LH) lines (Fig. 9) are for f = 2.8 GHz (FoM=29°/dB, LH phaseshifter) and f = 10 GHz (FoM = 13.3°/dB, CPW based transmission line)
Tunable matching networks for mobile applications are under research for match the antenna impedance to the impedance of the duplexer or PA.
Filters, Mixers, …
Tunable BST thick- and thin-film components offers to build up a new class of microwave components offering a new functionallity and/or a better performance and/or a more compact design and/or ….
- High-Q tunable filters
- Passive mixers & modulators